MiPET health monitoring servers will securely store medical records of a patients vitals for up to 3 days prior to any anomaly from the Physician predetermined baseline readings.
MiPET servers will only be accessible by Registered Physicians through a secure password login.
Time spent responding to an alert or reviewing a patients records will be logged.
Information maintained on the server will be in an easy-to-read format similar to a bedside chart.
Alerts will be sent to the Doctor along with the medical record of immediate events leading up to the event will be invaluable in diagnosis and treatment.
BioTrack Medical Corporation
Personal Emergency Transceiver
(MiPET©) Overview March 21st, 2006
Personal Emergency Transceiver
(MiPET©) Overview March 21st, 2006
MiPET© technology provides capabilities for wireless remote monitoring of an inpatient or outpatients vitals with location tracking which will ultimately result in…
- a more efficient health care system
- reduction in hospital patient days
- lower health care costs
- reduced mortality rates
MiPET provides the next generation of health monitoring system which does not restrict the movement of a patient.
Health monitoring services will include wireless:
- Cardio and pulmonary status readings
- Heart rate, rhythm, and chest impedance
- SpO2 saturation, Oximetery
- Blood pressure and temperature
- Ankle impedance for fluid content
- Blood Glucose readings
- Peak O2 Flow readings
- Location tracking
Widespread use of telehealth could potentially assist us in addressing “everything from the nation’s shortage of nurses and medical specialists to how we deliver health care to the nation’s growing number of elderly patients,” said Susan Slater, RN, a telehealth nurse specialist for American TeleCare Inc. in Minnesota.
MiPET© Blood Glucose and Peak Flow Sensors
A small, cost-effective Blood Glucose Monitoring System that connects via Bluetooth wireless technology to the PDA that can log readings to the PDA and then to the secure health monitoring servers and thereafter report any anomalous readings directly to the appropriate source. The system provides a smaller meter, no button operation and quick test with accurate and precision results (15 seconds) to effectively manage diabetes.
Microprocessor based electrochemical bio-sensing instrument that uses GlucoAlpha™ Glucose Strips for quantitative tests of blood glucose levels with accuracy and precise results with memory for last 100 test results.
The reliable Asthma Monitor® AM1 is equipped with Bluetooth technology and allows patients to have a dependable connection to the MiPET health monitoring system and thereafter to their doctors, to whom all parameters can be monitored.
MiPET© ECG, Blood Pressure and Pulse Sensors
An intelligent chest strap which continuously registers the ECG, analyzes it and saves the pathological states. In case of alarm, it initiates an emergency call signal via the Bluetooth connection to the PDA running the analytical medical monitoring software, and from there the data is securely transferred to the medical servers and thereafter relayed to the appropriate source for action. Wireless sensors also include a Bluetooth enabled Blood Pressure and Pulse monitor which stores multiple readings and can send a single or batch alert to the MiPET system and thereafter to appropriate source for action.
- Oscillometric measurement for Blood Pressure 20 –
- 300mmHg and pulse ranges 40-200 beats/minute
- Accuracy: Pressure ±3 mmHg, Pulse ± 5﹪
- Automatic Re-inflation pump system
- Exhaust: Automatic exhaust valve
- Display: Large Liquid Crystal Digital Display
- 85 Sets Data Memory
- Automatic Shut Off for Power Saving
- User manual in 4 Languages.
MiPET© V2 Wearable Wireless Sensor Patches
MiPET’s next generation of sensors will include Bluetooth enabled wireless sensor patches that are comparable in size to a transdermal patch that is used in current drug delivery systems. The patch is a non-invasive sensor that will collect readings and transmit data using Bluetooth technology directly to the MiPET PDA. This technology will further reduce the cost of MiPET.
The MiPET© Health Monitoring Network Server
- MiPET health monitoring servers will securely store medical records of a patients vitals for up to 3 days prior to any anomaly from the Physician predetermined baseline readings.
- MiPET servers will only be accessible by Registered Physicians through a secure password login.
- Time spent responding to an alert or reviewing a patients records will be logged.
- Information maintained on the server will be in an easy-to-read format similar to a bedside chart.
- Alerts will be sent to the Doctor along with the medical record of immediate events leading up to the event will be invaluable in diagnosis and treatment.
MiPET© Distinguishing Characteristics
- No Network Deployment costs combined with low-cost Consumer-Off-The-Shelf (COTS) technologies.
- Private secure health monitoring network using existing telecommunications infrastructure.
- Ability to securely monitor a Patient’s health using existing GSM / GPRS / WiFi network coverage (within a building or outside).
- Ability to connect a Doctor to the Patient for a more efficient health care system.
- Ability to provide health care monitoring services to remote areas where there are no Doctors.
- Extended mobility for monitored patients.
- Reduced Hospital patient day stays.
- More effective responses with early prognosis and location mapping.
GPRS Coverage North America
The Evolution of Remote Health Care Monitoring
In the USA…“Legislation is being considered that would require Medicare to pay physicians the same fee for remote monitoring of patients vital signs that they are paid for a face-to-face visit.” www.nurseweek.com/news/features/02-10/telemedicine.asp
…“Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans in California, New York, Florida, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Colorado and Tennessee are beginning to pay doctors similar amounts ($24 to $30, including any co-payment) for online consultations.
Blue Cross of California has made the program available to 160,000 of its 6 million health plan members. Last month, Empire Blue Cross and Blue Shield began testing the payment system with New York doctors at the Columbia University and Weill Cornell Medical Centers”…
Published: March 2, 2005, Hiroko Masuike for The New York Times Dr. Richard Levine, a Columbia University Medical Center obstetrician, advises patients by e-mail.
Out-Patient – Cardiac Monitoring
Case Study on B.C. Heart Failure:
- $300M spent a year in the Province of B.C. related to cardio vascular disease
- 87% of this relates to emergency room visits
- A 10% decrease in emergency room visits can save the B.C. Medical System $26 Million per year.
MiPET© Impact on Health Care
MiPET© extends the benefits of the *eICU® monitoring system being used in hospitals, to the outpatient and their ‘Responsible Physician’ outside of the hospital environment.
At Sentara Hampton General Hospital, mortality in the ICU has been reduced by 18 percent. An independent study performed by Cap Gemini Ernst & Young shows that the e-ICU® reduced intensive care mortality rates at Sentara Norfolk General Hospital by 25 percent and shortened the average length of stay for these patients by 17 percent.
E-ICU ® is a wireless electronic monitoring system used within Sentara Norfolk General Hospital
MiPET© Impact on Long Term Care:
The statistics below demonstrate there is a very real possibility that anyone could need care in their home; assisted living care, adult day care, or nursing home care relative to their state of health.
- A year in a long term care facility now averages more than $52,000, and can exceed $100,000 in some parts of the country. Wall Street Journal, 3/31/99,
- It’s estimated that 7 in 10 people will use home care. Business Week, 7/20/98
- Approximately 22.4 million families are involved in long-term in-home care. Business Week, 7/20/98
- About 41 of every 1,000 Americans over 65 are receiving long term care. Business Week 2/17/97.
MiPET Out-Patient Monitoring Pricing
- Cost for the basic MiPET system is as low as $1600 (inc. Blood Pressure & Pulse)
- Patients can purchase or lease the MiPET systems or Doctors can purchase them and provide them to patients for added value and be compensated with a greater portion of recurring revenues.
- Sensors for Diabetes, ECG, Peak Flow etc…are cost plus and will be based upon the patients monitoring requirements.
- Health monitoring cost will be $3.00 per day with discounts for extended monitoring services (5% Min to 10% Max).
- Physicians receive an increasing recurring rate of commission (20% to 30%) for the number of Patients subscribed, and for the duration that Monitoring Services are provided .
BioTrack Medical Corp. Contact Information
This concludes the presentation on MiPET. We appreciate your time and trust you will agree these solutions are needed.
For further information please contact: